Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bow*Diddly Boutique Interview

When did you start sewing/creating your clothing/accesories and why?

I started creating accessories when my daughter Samantha was about 4. I figured I was paying a TON of money to other people for bows and necklaces, why not learn to make my own!
Soon after I bought my 1st sewing machine... I noticed after awhile of making bows that the real money was in CLOTHES! LOL
I took my 1st sewing lesson and made overalls for Samantha.. everyone in the class was flabbergasted! They had never seen anything like it.. they were all making skirts, tees, etc.
DON'T LAUGH!!





~When did you start selling on ebay?

I started about 5 years ago.

~What was the first thing you sold on ebay? Do you have a photo?

I looked at looked for my 1st pair of bows that I sold on e-bay, I can't FIND them!!

But I do have my highest selling ribbon tee! This tee sold for $68!!



~What is your favorite design and why?

I have LOTS of favorites but I think I like this one as one of my all-time favs. I just love the pictures that's why, it has all the accessories and it just came together. It also describes my life a bit, wild & funky.



AND THIS one got me featured on a blog or 2.



~What do you enjoy doing other than sewing/creating your designs?

I LOOOOVE playing TENNIS!! I play on a doubles team and I play on another team where I play singles. This was my 1st season playing singles and out of 8 matches I only lost one! I was thrilled and my rating went from a 2.5 level to a 3.0 in one season!

I also LOVE watching my kids play sports! My son is a goalie for a select soccer team and my daughter just made the all-star team for Softball. I just love cheering them on!

~What would you like to add?

That I just love what I do and even though it makes my life crazy sometimes trying to fit everything in, I wouldn't change it one bit!
The feeling you get when someone compliments your children's clothes and the look on their face when you say you made it... PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment