Monday, June 15, 2009

Interview with Bubbly Toes

When did you start sewing/creating your clothing/accesories and why? When did you start selling on ebay?

I started sewing when I was a little girl. I loved dressing my baby and barbie dolls. It's funny how it all started out because I was 3 years old and at my grandmas house. I used kleenex and tape to make my first creations lol. Then I started getting into my moms fabrics and lace when I was around 8. I took one her old sewing machines and put it in my room. I started making blankets for my Barbies to cover their water beds made out of ziplock bags. When I stopped making stuff for my dolls I ended up with the job of hemming my dads jeans. Then when I was 17 I started making doll clothes for my little sisters dolls, made a few pairs of shorts, and a dress for her. We actually saved these and BOY are they horrible looking lol. But I didn't give up and when I had my daughter Hannah almost 7 years ago I started making her dresses. It was ALL over once I found eBay! I kept seeing these adorable overalls with appliques. I never knew how to applique so I looked at how scrapbookers to the paper piecing and figured I could do it with fabric. Then I asked the girls at the sewing counter how to make the fabric "iron on". My mom who was a seamstress showed me the zig zag on the sewing machine and I was on my way. I started doing little applique overalls and listing them on ebay and it just took off from there. I grew and evolved and started making jeans, tee shirts, jumpers, ect.

I started selling my designs on ebay about 6 years ago. Hannah was nearly one year old and she modeled my first pair of overalls.







What is your favorite design- photo- and why?


Hmmm it's hard to pick my favorite design. I have lots of favorites, but the one I really felt accomplished on is my Aladdin set. Just something about the colors, charcters, and coins. Although if I am thinking girly cute it would be my Snow White dress LOL. And if I am thinking brother and sister sets it would be my Pirate sets. For sisters sets it would be Alice in Wonderland. See I cannot pick a favorite! LOL







What do you enjoy doing other than sewing/creating your designs?

Other than sewing I love music. I play it while I am sewing. So it's like doing 3 things at once, listening, sewing, and singing. It puts a special touch into my hands. I also practice Tae Kwon Do where I am currently a green belt. It's really a lot of fun and it's amzing the skill you learn. I have developed some "cat like" reflexes I never knew I had LOL But most of all I love being a mom and wife, I always dreamed of it and I have everything I ever wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment