Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Interview with Glass Slipper Boutique

When did you start sewing/creating your clothing/accesories and why? When did you start selling on ebay?

I started designing hair bows about 4 years ago. I LOVED buying bows for my daughter and about the time that she wouldn't wear them anymore is about the time that I started making them! LOL I would walk thru a store that had ribbon and I thought to myself "someday I'm going to start designing my own and sell them!" So I did!
I then had fun learning how to make matching hair gems to go along with the bows. I just recently started making jewelry to match the bows and hair gems.
It's been a fun journey! I've met SO MANY fantastic people on Ebay.
This is the first or one of the first bows I sold on Ebay. It is made to match Gymboree's Fiesta line:



What is your favorite design- photo- and why?

I'm not sure that I have a favorite. There are SO MANY styles that I had so much fun with. But here is one that I really liked and it was a hit with a lot of customers



What do you enjoy doing other than sewing/creating your designs?

I really enjoy exercising/yoga etc. believe it or not! It relaxes me and makes me feel good. But my true joy is playing with the kids or just spending any quality time with the family. Just snuggling on the couch with the entire family watching a movie is my idea of a perfect evening! :0)

What would you like to add?

My absolutely wonderful husband has supported me through all of this even though I barely break even! Constantly trying to find new places to store all of my ribbon supplies and boxes is always a venture. He's been great thur it all. My sweet daughter helps me design many of my hair gems and helps out with my ribbon choices. My family will always come first but I truly enjoy making adorable bows and accessories for all of those divas out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment